I have seen/heard William Shatner’s spoken word interpretation of Rocket Man, but I did not know that he did the same with Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. And someone made a video for the intertubes.
Google video link
Also here, with appropriate comment: This is the video that should have been made for the song that should never have been recorded.
Little kids annoy the crap out of me, and normally this kind of video might be something I’d used after swallowing poison to induce vomiting, but I think it’s actually kind of funny.
Kittens, inspired by kittens.
Youtube link: kittens, inspired by kittens
Here is a Trader Joe’s commercial, done by someone who seems to have a love/hate relationship with the store.
Youtube link: Trader Joe’s commercial
Here is Orff’s Carmina Burana with alternate lyrics:
Youtube link: Carmina Burana
Finally, Her Morning Elegance, a well-imagined stop-motion music video. I love the way she walks, so springy and happy.
Youtube link: Her Morning Elegance
Some notes about the video from Oren’s MySpace page:
- The video was shot all stills – roughly 3225 still photos for the entire video, using one camera, hanging from the ceiling for the main body of the movie.
- It took 4 weeks before shooting to create an animated computer generated storyboard for the video, with 3d dummies for the characters.
- It took only 2 days of shooting for the live actors on set to re-create the 3.5 minutes computer sequence, frame by frame.
- Some of the bed sheets used in the video were taken from Oren’s own bedroom and are now considered collectors items, worth at the moment not very much and therefore used as bed sheets.
- Each of the wonderfully talented people above have worked on the video for a fraction of their normal rates (except Oren who worked for his normal rate of zero).
And that’s all for today.